I’ve always offered on-going support to every website I build, and I’m now extending this support to other WordPress sites for groups that fall under a social justice/social impact mandate as well as artists and writers.
I’ve got two maintenance packages to choose from:
Websites that I check twice a month. I update WordPress and plugins, check back ups are working correctly and implement any best-practices that have changed. This is best for groups that don’t have a dedicated IT support person or don’t feel comfortable updating websites themselves. On a typical month, this takes about 30 mins.
Included in Active Maintenance:
- Set up of SSL/https (if site isn’t already secure)
- Plugins set up and maintained:
- BackWPup: auto backups every month to my dropbox or to a destination of your choice
- iThemes Security plugin: change login page, block IPs, firewall
- Analytics: google or jetpack, your choice
- WP Supercache/Hummingbird cacheing: cacheing set up and optimization
- Yoast SEO: check that social media accounts are properly set up for sharing posts
This package is best if you’re comfortable updating your site or have IT support. In this support level, you maintain your own WordPress and plugin updates (or you’re on Managed WP hosting that does this for you). I’m on retainer to offer any support when you ask for it.
Both levels of support are offered on retainer basis with $500 paid upfront and used as needed. For active maintenance, these hours will be used up faster, typically in about 9 months, while under passive maintenance the hours could last up to 2 years, depending on your site needs.