It’s mid-winter and, in Vancouver, it’s snowing for the third day in a row – which is unusual and delightful (especially when you work from home like me). I’ve just launched a couple of large projects and I have a couple of large projects on the horizon, but they aren’t ready to start yet. So…I’m looking for a few small projects to keep me busy.
I’ve been building more complex sites and haven’t had much time to help out people in my community who want to get online. I’d like to still do these smaller projects and am offering two site builds at a discounted price.
Custom WordPress Website built on Make Theme
Design options include:
- One page scrolling | examples: Engage Architecture | David Suzuki Foundation Fellowships
- 4 page standard | examples: Combustion Lente | Vancouver East Housing Co-op | Caelie Frampton Photography
These examples are custom builds with custom pricing (and some functionality that would be extra), but similar designs are available within this templated format.
- two in-person or skype meetings (half an hour to an hour): one at the beginning to get your materials and discuss your design preferences and one at the end to hand-off the website and orient you to the WordPress dashboard
- clean design (see my portfolio for examples of my style)
- custom design built using MAKE with one round of revisions
- 5 pages or areas: home, about, blog, contact (with form), and one more
- install of WordPress with standard plugins (security, back up, SEO)
- recommendations of hosting companies and URLs
- access to typekit fonts
- stock photography from unsplash if you don’t have art / photography you want to use
- small details: favicon, social media links in footer, link to mailchimp mailing list if you have one
- responsive build with at least two breakpoints: phone and desktop computer
- adhering to accessibility standards built into WordPress
- quick turn around time (if your content is ready, I can have you online in a week or two)
Here’s what you need in order to get started:
- all (or the majority) of your content ready to go
- availability to make decisions and go live within a few weeks of booking project
To keep this affordable and avoid scope creep, these are not included in the package:
- wireframes or design sketches (I’ll build you something based on your preferences right into the WordPress framework)
- branding or logo design (I can give you feedback on your font and colour choices)
- a lot of back and forth (If you know you’d like a more hands-on approach, with more strategy and coaching, I’m happy to help you develop your content and style. Pricing for that starts at $2000)
Available for an extra fee:
- build on a staging site if you have a current site that’s live
- ongoing support and maintenance of website
Preference will be given to artists, people from underrepresented groups, and people working for equality and social justice. Payment plans available. Interested in getting started? Fill out my intake form and I’ll get back to you.
As the owner of a new business, I had both a limited budget and high expectations for the website. I was concerned these were going to be irreconcilable and I would end up either compromising my expectations or exceeding my budget.
I was definitely surprised how quickly Krisztina was able to deliver the final site. I found she understood the overall aesthetic and functional needs of the site very quickly and was able to propose design ideas that were very consistent with the image I wanted to project for Engage Architecture.
Karen Smith, Architect AIBC
Principal, Engage Architecture